1. Purchase Agreement.One of our Sales Leaders will walk you through our different floor plans to choose from based on your needs and/or budget. Once you have selected a floor plan that suits your needs, you will also select your favorite elevation, make custom option requests (Esperanza Homes Your Way), and select structural options (i.e. covered patio extensions, 3rd car garages, etc.) Next, you will be able to reserve your home site with a signed purchase agreement and the initial $5,000 earnest money deposit. This deposit locks in the base price of your floor plan and a check is held as a down payment on your home!
2. Financials. If you are financing your home, we have an in-house mortgage coordinator who works closely with our preferred lender and many financial institutions. We also invite you to apply for financing online at esperanzahomes.com/financing. One of the best parts about building our homes is that we use our money to build your dream home – saving you time, money, and financing headaches with our One-Time Closing benefit! Our mortgage coordinator will also coordinate with your bank or mortgage lender to help make your financing experience as smooth as possible by working closely with the Title Company, Surveyors, and Appraisers. Please note your mortgage applications needs to be completed within seven days of contract signing and that Esperanza Homes must receive an acceptable commitment prior to starting your home. If paying cash, we simply need a “Proof of Funds” letter from your bank before starting your new home.
3. Next Step Meeting..At your Next Step Meeting, your Sales Leader will walk you through your address specific set of construction plans. These plans will detail the orientation of your home, structural options added, custom options added, electrical layout, and other included features on the plan. This is our opportunity to introduce you to a more detailed floorplan and prepare you for your Selections Meeting. The Next Step Meeting also allows us to catch any mistakes or missing items that need to be added to the plans prior to the design phase. Our goal is to get on the same page and answer any questions you have regarding your future home.
4. Selection Meeting & Final Sign-Off.It's time to personalize your new home! You will spend time with an in-house Interior Designer in our state of the art Design Center. At your Selections Meeting, you will be able to choose from a wide array of products to personalize your home – featuring Tuscan, Traditional, and Contemporary products for your choosing. Here, you have the opportunity to hold, touch, and pair a variety of products together in a very customizable way. At this meeting, you will also review landscaping options, review an address specific set of plans, and be given access to our Home builder portal where you can review selections and monitor the construction of your home in an interactive and responsive way. Following your selections meeting, you will have the final sign-off meeting summarizing all your choices. At this point in time, you confirm that all options, colors, and features have been selected appropriately prior to making a deposit on design upgrades. This is also the last time to make any changes or additions. Changes made after this point are at the builder's discretion and a change order fee will be charged.
5. Pre-Construction Meeting.Once you have signed off on all of your flex option and selection preferences, you will meet with your construction manager at the Esperanza Construction Office to ensure that all of your preferences are recorded on the floor plan. Once your pre-construction meeting is complete, we will provide you with the time-frame it will take to complete your home. You will also have access to our online home building portal which will detail your selections, important dates, provided photo updates, and a timeline overview. Most Esperanza homes take about 16 weeks to build, weather permitting.
6. Framing & Electrical Walk-Through.You will have an opportunity for a pre-drywall review with your construction manager to confirm that all structural and electrical items were added accordingly. This is also a great chance to review the phenomenal quality of our construction. Your construction manager will detail items such as electrical wiring which is included with the home.
7. Site Visits. Active construction sites are exciting, but potentially dangerous places. For your own safety, and in compliance with insurance regulations, we require that you visit the site Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Your sales leader and construction manager would love to accompany you – wearing hard hats – on these visits. Also, it is imperative that you refrain from questioning or making suggestions to trade crews. Your construction manager is your primary point of contact for any construction related questions.
8. Pre-Closing Final Walk Through.This is our opportunity to orientate you on the usage of your home and the products you selected. You will learn the details on how your home works, be taught how to maintain your home effectively, and shown how to submit warranty claims should you ever need to. This detailed orientation includes demonstrations of the many features and systems in your new home.
9. Closing.By following the steps outlined above, you can be assured of a smooth, on-time closing which will take place at the Title Company. Our mortgage coordinator will work with you and your lender to ensure that you are aware of closing dates, documents needed to close, and required funds.
10. After You Move In.Our goal is to provide you with enriched living and lasting value, our relationship with you does not end when you move in. We stand behind our work and are happy to answer questions or concerns about maintaining your home. Also, remember to use our online portal to submit warranty claims at www.esperanzahomes.com/why-esperanza-homes/warranties/